Assorted observations about my first few weeks of living in Utah (in no particular order):
- The sunrise illuminates the mountains from the top down (as the light crests over the facing mountain). Sunset is the opposite, with darkness going from bottom up.
- You know you aren’t in Texas anymore when you feel a little chilly swimming in the outside pool … in August.
- Cedar City, UT, is at a higher elevation than Denver, CO (5,800 ft vs 5,280 ft), and they aren’t joking when people say that the elevation saps your stamina.
- So far, other drivers seldom respond to the steering wheel wave that comes second nature to me, but I’ve converted a few passers-by to my Texan ways.
- Everyone has been very friendly and welcoming (even if they don’t wave from car to car). 😉
- I don’t think anyone is as excited about football season as we are.